Thursday 13 August 2015

First batch of McDeath's Orcs


If you read my recent post about Glenwoe, you will now know that I am working on that scenario and as part of that project, I need a unit of about twenty orcs. Looking about for inspiration, my eyes fell upon the old C15 orcs and I had a rummage around in my leadpile to see what I could find. 

These three goblinoids are the first of the bunch to see paint, and having long been dis-satisfied about the colour of my orcflesh, I set out to try something different. I used a much darker green as a base, mixed in brown to darken it further and used bleach bone once again to help create the highlight shades.

There rest of the painting was pretty straightforwards, with drybrushing used to create the fur and chainmail effects and layering used elsewhere. I enjoyed painting these, though I don't fancy sitting down and painting up the remaining seventeen models as a single project! Instead, I plan to do three at a time and intersperse my goblinoids with other miniatures. I already have the Foundry fishmen and the 'Three Murderers' (cue dramatic music) on the go!

I hope you like my latest work! 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely trio of great old Orcs.
    I like the more muted 'realistic' skin tones, and the purple-ish tongues/lips.
    Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Lee, and that is certainly high praise considering your pedigree on goblinoids... (:

      Delete
  2. Fantastic as always Orlygg! I love the muted tones and the red eyes really make the faces pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am busy buying up this range of orcs for future painting sessions. With twenty to do its quite a challenge!

      Delete