Monday 4 April 2016

The Unusual Suspects: Miller and Poacher



Rather unexpectedly, I was called away from home over the last week or so and as a result  my Oldhammer projects have stalled. I am now home once more and can brush the dust off my Nurgle warriors, not to mention post out my remaining trades. This blog-post will have to suffice for a while as it is the last of my draft pieces and now that you are reading these words, I have nothing new to draw back on. 

You may remember a week or so ago, before my sudden disappearance, I was blogging about bringing once forgotten old miniatures back to life with the life giving triad of Dettol, Undercoat and Ink Wash. I called the little project 'The Unusual Suspects' and at the time of writing I have got no further than these two figures. Sorry! 

But, these two gents look remarkably more healthy than the last time we saw them, don't they? What I like about the pair is how similar their outlines are. Both stooping, and holding sacks. Jes' contains goodness-knows-what and the miller's some nice '80s sculpted grain. 

Neither figure took me long and it was fun messing around with skin tones and employing a little colour harmony on the jacket of the poacher. Hopefully, these figures will be on a wargames table somewhere soon! 

Orlygg



8 comments:

  1. Isn't there a version of the figure on the left holding a bow?

    I like the villager figures, such non combatants are conspicuous by their absence from the modern range

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is indeed a variant of Jes the Poacher. Pretty sure he is called 'Longbow' and can be found in many of the ranges.

      Delete
  2. Post stuff out? Does that mean i'll get my Goblin from October at last? :D hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look very good. I agree its good to see some civilian miniatures. How is the dettol working for you? I have been thinking about using pine oil to clean off some old heritage miniatures I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dettol is my preferred medium for cleaning models. Cheap, easy to get, wife doesn't worry about it etc. Always use neat washing up liquid to clean the old paint off the models though, otherwise you get this disgusting gunge over everything.

      Delete
  4. They look great. Good mini's too

    ReplyDelete